The formal name of the Association is: Alumnivereniging Mitrany – Vereniging van Afgestudeerden Internationale Betrekkingen en International Organisatie aan de Rijksuniversiteit Groningen. We call ourselves Mitrany Alumni Network IRIO Groningen. Since the internationalisation of the programme in 2008, the official language is now English and international students continue to make up a larger percentage of the IRIO demographic. Mitrany is a young network set up in 2013 in order to maintain contact among alumni and between alumni and the Department of IRIO. In addition, Mitrany promotes, through its activities, mutually beneficial professional relationships between alumni and seeks to connects students with senior and junior alumni. An overview of the goals set out in the statutes is included below:
The goals of the association are:
- Encouraging contact between graduates from the programme International Relations and International Organisation of the University of Groningen, formally known as “Policy and Governance of International Organisations’ and International Organisation and International Relations.
- Maintaining and encouraging contact between alumni, the IRIO Department, senior students, and the Study Association Clio.
- Maintaining and encouraging the contact between alumni and the University of Groningen.
- Stimulating active engagement of alumni with the University and societal affairs, as well as stimulating the scholarly interests following graduation.
- Facilitating any course of action in order to be able to coordinate the above stated goals.